Are you an iPhone user or dealer and want to know the common problems in these types of phones? Learn more about five common iPhone problems and how you can fix them in this article.
iPhones are smartphone devices known to deliver high-end and seamless performance compared to other brands. However, that doesn’t mean iPhones don’t have their issues that may make the user frustrated. Although these problems may interfere with your experience when using the device, there are tips and tricks you can use to fix them. in this article, we will talk about five common problems an iPhone device is likely to have and how to fix them. These fixes have helped many iPhone users to troubleshoot their devices whenever they need hence make sure you check them out. iPhone user commonly experiences these problems after installing a new iPhone operating system, transferring from an old phone to a new one, launching apps, or jailbreaking. There are many reasons why an iPhone device may have a certain problem. They include:
When using an iPhone device, you may occasionally receive a notification that your device is too hot and needs coiling. When an iPhone device overheats, it ceases to give you the seamless experience as usual unless you cool it down first. Overheating on iPhone devices is not a new problem hence when you receive the notification you shouldn’t panic. The following tips will help you keep your overheating iPhone device cool:
Avoid Using the Device When Charging
It is common for people to use their iPhone devices when charging – maybe running some important businesses. However, this is not advisable. When charging an iPhone device, the battery will get hot regardless of the quality. Using the device when it’s connected to the charger makes the heating increase. Therefore, you are advised to avoid playing games or chatting online when charging the iPhone – put it off if possible.
Disable All the Applications Running in the Background
When an iPhone overheats, it is likely running too many processes simultaneously. Go to the settings of the iPhone and check battery usage. These statistics will show you the apps that drain your battery while running in the background thus causing the device to overheat. Disable the background apps especially if they are not essential. You can also turn off features such as Bluetooth or airdrop when not using them.
Enable Low Power Mode
While you can disable the apps running in the background, you can also lower power usage thus reducing overheating. Enabling low power mode ensures that the background apps or any other processes do not run. Enabling low power mode allows your phone to cool down as well as save your iPhone battery.
Avoid Using Your iPhone Device in Hot Environments
Using an iPhone device in a hot environment is likely to get it hot in a short time. So, you are advised to avoid using the device in hot places. The device has the average temperature of operation in the instruction manual.
Sometimes the overheating problem may not be easy to solve by yourself. Look for a professional expert especially if the problem persists after applying the above tips and tricks.
iPhone Water Damage
Most iPhone’s latest versions especially from iPhone seven are made with water-resistant features. However, as an iPhone user, you must understand that being water-resistant doesn’t mean it’s waterproof. That means that your iPhone device might still go bad if exposed to water although it’s water resistant. Moreover, the water-resistant seals on the iPhone device are meant for resisting water but not other liquids such as lotions and gels. Below are the steps you need to take if you notice that your iPhone device is water-damaged:
- If the device is accidentally dumped in the water, pull it out immediately.
- Shut it down
- Remove its case and other connected accessories such as jack pins.
- Remove the sim card tray and the sim cards. Use an absorbent piece of cloth and wipe your device.
- Check the ports and dry using a swab dry piece of cloth.
- Kee the device in a warm area for two days or blow-dry under low heat air.
- Turn it on and check if it’s operating normally. If proven otherwise, look for qualified personnel to check out the interiors of the phone.
Poor WIFI connection
Wi-Fi connectivity is a problem every other phone can have and it’s not specific to iPhone devices. This problem is one of the tricky ones and varies depending on the device hence it’s not easy to fix. The following are some of the solutions based on the Wi-Fi connectivity problem reported by some iPhone users:
- Restarting the iPhone device
- You may notice that the Wi-Fi speed is low compared to other days you are connected to the same network. Resetting your iPhone’s network settings will help you fix the issue.
- You may also forget the network and reconnect again to refresh it on your device.
- The problem might lie within the internet provider or the Wi-Fi router. You can contact the service providers for more directions or restart your router.
Battery Is Draining Faster
This is a common problem that most iPhone users complain about every day. Try the following steps and see if it helps before considering a replacement option for the battery.
- Do a quick battery check
- Go to the device’s settings and check the effects of apps on batteries. Get rid of any apps draining too much power from your device. If the app is essential, go to general settings and refresh all the app settings to avoid using power when not in use
- Turn off location, Bluetooth, and other connections when not in use.
- Turn off some gestures that keep the iPhone active when you are not using it.
- Enable automatic brightness adjustments to cope with the True Tone display that drains your phone.
- Enable low power mode and turn off background apps
- Visit your iPhone repair store near you for further help if any of the above tips don’t help.
This may be due to hardware problems, failed upgrades, or jailbreak.
- Restart your device and try to restore it to its factory settings.
- Boot it in the device firmware upgrade mode (be aware that all data on the device will be cleared so it’s best if you backed the data up before.
The Bottom Line
These fixes have helped many iPhone users to troubleshoot their devices whenever they need hence make sure you check them out. iPhone user commonly experiences these problems after installing a new iPhone operating system, transferring from an old phone to a new one, launching apps, or jailbreaking. Take your iPhone to an expert if it can’t be fixed with any of the above tricks and fixes.
We are here to help
And if your device is already broken, we can get you fixed up in no time. The team at Dr. Phonez have expertise and the recommendations for you to have your phone up and running for a long time. So contact us here or visit one of the Dr. Phonez stores in San Antonio, Tx. and Schertz,Tx. today to get the most out of your electronic devices.